This course is an in-depth study of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Here are the course goals which we want to achieve:
- To study the life of Christ as revealed in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, and be able to tell the basic story of the life of Jesus in chronological order.
- To understand the relationship we have, or could have, with Jesus and the Word of God.
- To understand the basic history of the land of Palestine in the time of Christ, including historical, geographical and cultural aspects.
- To see how the original languages can help us better understand the text.
- To pay particular attention to key areas of Jesus’ ministry and teaching, such as the Sermon on the Mount, parables, and miracles.
- To imitate Jesus in how he related to the many different kinds of people with whom he interacted, with the attending challenges.
- To learn about the many tools available for studying the life of Christ, whether books, maps, pictures, videos, websites, or other resources.
- To be able to apply all of this knowledge to our lives on a personal level, as well in the local church setting.
The professor for this course is Steve Austin. He received his BA, MA, Master of Divinity, and Doctor of Ministry from Abilene Christian University. He has 35 years experience in ministry and teaching, much of which are in Latin America. He is currently the director of the Texas International Bible Institute, a school which trains men and women in Spanish to make disciples of Christ, and to plant churches.
If you would like to contact Dr. Austin, his email is email@example.com.
Sea of Galilee from Mount of Beatitudes
Documents and resources for the course
Temple Mount in Jerusalem today